Monday, December 20, 2010

Thinkin' and hikin'

Duchess on the trail, early December
I expected to feel and experience many things when I first bought my van. Unfortunately, I did not expect to come to loathe it. It's like adoring a person, only to find later on in the relationship that all of the tiny quirks they have turn out to be major irritations. It is a recent and surprising development in my van conversion. Is it normal? I don't know. I do know that I have since begun saving money aggressively, whether it is for a down payment on a different vehicle or an extra batch of funds for the remainder of the conversion, I don't know.

I do know that the decision will not be made in haste. I'll amass my funds, think about it, sleep on it, research vehicles, and think some more.

Then -- and only when I am sure -- will I act.

There. It's off my chest.

I haven't only been hating on my van lately; I've done a bit of hiking as well. On my birthday I headed out with my mother; we hit the Florida Trail in Jupiter. Here are some photos:


Auto graveyard, complete with crosses. 

Cypress Creek Bridge





Florida gets foliage when the rest of the country gets snow


There were wild oranges (or reasonable facsimile) abound.

My favorite part of the hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment